Private health insurance premiums typically increase year on year based on age,
claims and inflation.
Here are steps that can help you to reduce your premium.
- Its always worth speaking to your insurers prior to your renewal date to review your policy.
- Choose a high excess and get an excess cover policy.
- Tailor your policy by only choosing benefits you know you will use.
- Avoid claiming on minor treatments. If you have already done this, some insurers allow you to pay back your claim to regain your no claims discount.
- Search the market and keep your options open.
- Ask your insurer if they offer a discount on annual payments.
- If you have been penalized on a minor claim, speak to your insurer to see if you can pay back the claim to regain your no claim discount.
- Appoint a broker, whether you use Insure-us or another agency, brokers can do all the above (and more) on your behalf.